Dimlaia- S/T (2003)

Posted by Deion-Slam Tuesday, June 14, 2011 0 comments


My buddy Bob directed me towards this the other day, as we both have an undying affinity for dark and melodramatic 90's-sounding hardcore. I don't know how Dimlaia squeaked by me completely unnoticed for all these years, but I guess maybe it had something to do with the crappy band name? That's beside the point, though. Dimlaia play a mixed bag of gloomy Ebulliton-esque hardcore with plenty of brooding heaviness and atmospheric melodies. At times, this reminds me of Yaphet Kotto mixed with elements of Neurosis, Godspeed You Black Emperor, and a mishmash of chaotic Canadian hardcore. I know it sounds like an absolute clusterfuck on paper, but the tracks are varied without losing direction, and 'emotive' without sounding corny or forced (which, as far as I can tell, is a feat no hardcore band has accomplished within the last 8 years). Really awesome shit, and I wish I had known about them earlier.





If it matters to you, Dimlaia features Carl Auge of His Hero Is Gone, who provided bass, vocals, and the artwork for the LP, as well as Jackie Perez Gratz (of Amber Asylum) handling the cello on several tracks.

Tracklist:
1. Framework
2. Exit to Light
3. Hide the Sun
4. Goodnight Sweet Ghost
5. Closer
6. Night Covers Massacre
7. Anorexic
8. Revisit

dim

*Bonus:

Split 10" with Swarrrm

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...