Walknut - Graveforests and Their Shadows

Posted by Deion-Slam Monday, April 13, 2009 0 comments



Genre: Atmospheric Black Metal

Metal Archives Rating: 86%

1. Hrimfaxi
2. Motherland Ostenvegr
3. Come, Dreadful Ygg
4. The Midnightforest of The Runes
5. Grim Woods
6. Skinfaxi

Download at Mediafire

Walknut at Myspace
Reviews!

---------------------------------------------------

Wow. Words cannot do this album justice, but I shall make an attempt, anyway.

From my experience with metal, I've noted that, for the most part, metal is an acquired taste, and that most albums I listen to need a few spins before they truly sink in. I'm sure most of you feel the same way. However, the moment I laid my ears on this sparkling hunk of genius, I knew it would be different. I immediately fell for this album, head over heels, in a sort of comical high school crush sort of way after the first time I listened to Graveforests and Their Shadows.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Atmospheric BM at its finest. Like much of my favorite metal, it is hypnotizing, constantly barraging the listener with a wall of sound. One of the more unique features I find on this record is the guitar tone; it is thick and full, losing the listener within its enveloping atmosphere, reminding me of an everflowing waterfall. The screams are depressive cries of agony, shrieked with overflowing emotion, crushing your soul more and more with every listen.

The epitome of recent brilliance.

10/10

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...