Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp

Posted by Deion-Slam Monday, April 6, 2009 0 comments




Genre: Black Metal

Metal Archives Rating: 97%

1. His Majesty at the Swamp
2. Son of the Moon (Act II)
3. Unholy Funeral
4. Lustful Father
5. Nightly Kingdoms
6. Flowers of My Youth
7. The River of Souls
8. The Tressrising of Nyarlathotep (Act I)

Download at Mediafire
Varathron at Myspace
Reviews

----------------------------------------------------

Excuse my language, but this album is fucking brilliant. Quite possibly my favorite album ever. I've listened to it many a time, never getting bored. Pure fucking genius.

On this album, Varathron play slower to mid-paced black metal, and like Ancient Wisdom, utilize very hypnotic guitar work. Unbelievable riffs saturate this record and tear you to shreds with their powerful hooks and unrelenting ambiance. I have still yet to figure out exactly where this album transports you, but all I do know is that you'll feel like you're in another world while letting this masterpiece flow through your head.

The vocals are the last piece in this puzzle. Normally, we don't hear that death metal guttural style vocals on a black metal album (just shrieks), but the vocalist of Varathron pulls it off with an uncanny talent to suck your soul away. I've gotten lost in these gutturals and how well they suit the music. I don't care if you don't like black metal, or metal at all for that matter, you WILL like this album.

10/10

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...