Selbstmord - De Miseria Conditionis Humane (EP)

Posted by Deion-Slam Saturday, May 23, 2009 0 comments



Genre: Black Metal

1. Departure
2. Isolation
3. Interlude to an Inevitable End

Download at Mediafire
Selbstmord at Myspace

-------------------------------------------------

I honestly have no idea what to make of this EP. I'm realizing that it's very similar in nature to Kaoteon's epic demo "The Provenance of Hatred" in that it's an unknown, skillfully put-together piece of art. Vocals are similar in that the guy's got great range, and the song-writing is also very emotional and complex. A little on the sloppy side, but if you've taken away anything from some of my previous blog posts, I enjoy my BM chaotic and wild.

As I'm writing this review, I've discovered that I love De Miseria Conditionis Humane. I'm amazed at how free this record sounds, it doesn't conform to anything I've heard before. The vocals alternate seamlessly between grunting gutturals and ear-shattering shrieks, fitting in perfectly. The guitars actually take a sort of backseat and the drums are kicked up a few notches. For a supposedly Depressive BM EP, there are quite a few blast beats and ridiculously furious drumming. Every slap against the drum skin sounds like punch to human flesh. Sickening, but I can't turn my ears away.

Oh, right. Guitars. Like I said, they're a little less noticeable, but still commanding attention. At times, they are scratchy and have buzzsaw-like qualities, but can also be quite melodic at others. Great contrast. Awesome.

10/10

A very fun CD. Recommended all the way.

-------------------------------------

Okay, the full version is uploaded. Be sure to grab this, seeing as I can GUARANTEE you will NOT find this anywhere else.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...