Impavida - Eerie Sceneries

Posted by Deion-Slam Wednesday, April 29, 2009 0 comments



Genre: Depressive Black Metal/Ambient

Metal Archives Rating: 90%

1. Into Empty Spheres
2. Dysmorphic
3. Dark Skies
4. Watching the World Through the Pale Eye of An Unborn Child
5. Ashes of Me
6. Traumata

Download at Mediafire
Too kvlt for Myspace
Review!

-----------------------------------------

A recent find of mine, discovered after my LantlĂ´s binge, I've found myself quite attached to this album. "Eerie Sceneries" is not your normal Depressive Black Metal album; there is much more experimentation going on than you think. The album title is perfect; a perfect descriptor of what the record entails. While listening, I actually find myself getting creeped out by the music! Usually, music is just another form of entertainment, but Impavida bring something more to the table. The soundscapes are incredible. I feel like I'm under a moonlit sky residing over an eerily calm lake, waiting, and watching. For what? I have no idea, but listening to "Eerie Sceneries" keeps me from moving, even keeps me from thinking, involving me deep within the very core of this awe-inspiring music.

From the mesmerizing keyboard intro to the graceful, agonized screams and spoken words, and to the soft, yet coarse wall-of-noise that barrages the listener, "Eerie Sceneries" commands total attention.

It's been a while since I've felt so passionately about an album - a Depressive one at that, so I'm certain that this will continue to get plays for many years to come.

10/10

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...